Powered By Blogger

Monday, May 5, 2014

Curtain Charm

Entry to the dining area from the kitchen.
Curtains are secured and stay in place.
I recently replaced my faux suede drapes with some light-weight curtains I found in the discount bin at Big Lots. I was looking to add some excitement to the dining area window and decided these would probably do the trick - keeping with my color scheme.

They're light weight and thin, but still have a slight room darkening affect when closed and you can't see through them at night either.


Grandma's vintage brooch.
With the recent warmer weather, I've been able to enjoy opening the sliding window where these curtains hang. The problem is, they are so light weight that the slightest breeze whips these around like a sail on a sailboat.


I was going to add a safety pin to the back where the curtains join in the middle of the rod, but came up with this idea to use a large vintage brooch I had come across recently in my Grandmother's old jewelry box. It complements the design in the curtains and it secures the curtains in place. They haven't budged! ...even with the wind whipping the curtain like a billowing sail. I did have to use a rubber band to secure the curtain on the curtain hook.  

It's hard to detect if you aren't really looking. I know it's there, though and I think about my Grandma every time I look at it. 

Alice was her name.








































Joining the following Link Parties:

A Bowl Full of Lemons


Carrie This Home Frugal Crafty Home Blog Hop


The Dedicated House


Elizabeth & Co.


Ivy & Elephants


Wake Up Wednesday Linky Party


The Weekday Mixer Social Media Link-up 

No comments:

Post a Comment